Hire out your caravan or RV with Camptoo
There is nothing quite like travelling by road around the ever-changing landscapes of this spectacular country. However, not everyone has a caravan, motorhome or camper trailer to be able to live out this experience. This is where Camptoo can help. Camptoo connects those who own a caravan, RV or camper trailer, but aren’t using it as often as they’d like, with those who don’t have one, to share in the joy of an on road get away.
CIL Insurance, Australia’s Leading Specialist Caravan and RV Insurer, can help protect your caravan, motorhome or camper trailer, while it’s being enjoyed by happy travellers on their journey, by simply ensuring your CIL Insurance policy includes hire cover.
Camptoo was founded in the Netherlands three years ago. It all started with three friends not being able to hire a motorhome for a short weekend getaway. That’s when they decided to build a thriving online community to enable motorhome owners to rent out their vehicle to fellow travellers. Ever since, Camptoo has grown into a passionate community of over 1,000 motorhome, campervan and caravan owners in Europe. The successful Camptoo concept is now available for Australian owners as well.
The proven Camptoo concept focuses on renting out your caravan, RV or camper trailer in a safe and easy way for both owners and travellers. Camptoo looks after verification of all travellers, manages the easy and secure payment process, collects a security bond and provides the rental agreements, as well as all necessary transfer forms and checklists. In addition to that, Camptoo actively promotes all listed vehicles.
This is how Camptoo works:
- You create a free advertisement on Camptoo.com.au (we are happy to help) with a short description and some photos of your caravan, RV or camper trailer. You also set the nightly rental fee, availability and vehicle rules.
- Potential renters browse through the listing on Camptoo and choose the one that best fits their needs. If they have found your caravan, RV or camper trailer they will send you a message or a reservation request. It is totally up to you if you accept or reject the request.
- If you decide to accept the reservation request, you can call CIL Insurance on 1800 112 481 and speak to a CIL specialist to consider taking out a CIL policy with hire cover. Alternatively if you’re a current CIL Insurance policy holder, to ensure your caravan, RV or camper trailer is insured for the duration of the rental period, call one of the CIL specialists to confirm your current policy includes hire cover.
- Camptoo will manage the rest and deposit the rental fee into your account on the pick up day.
- On the pick-up day you meet the travellers in person.
To find out more about Camptoo’s service visit www.camptoo.com.au/cil-members
Insurance issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as CIL Insurance. Read the Product Disclosure Statement before buying this insurance and consider whether it is right for you.
Reporting a claim
Unexpected hurdles can disrupt even the most solid travel plans. We’re here to get you back on the road sooner with our nationwide network of expert repairers and claims assessors.
Campsite is perfect for anyone interested in the caravanning and RV lifestyle. It includes directories, things to see and do, product information, and even travel and towing tips.
Give us a call
Our friendly call centre staff are happy to help!